Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dinner time..


Dinner time..
Originally uploaded by chipnjo1999
All three of my kids line up on the couch to watch tv during dinner. It isn't often they all sit on the same couch. In fact, this is the first time I remember seeing it.

The coolest part was: Our middle son has autism and usually prefers to watch his DVD movies in his bedroom. He rarely cares to sit around his brother and sister for any length of time, but loves to come and go as he pleases. Last night, however, he wanted to eat out there with them. And, to my surprise, they invited him to sit down before he even asked. I thought that was a sweet gesture and started setting him up with his tray on the other couch. He kind of looked at me confusingly, and, again, before he could say anything the other two said, "Sit with us. Right here on our couch."

My wife and I almost teared up. To see him WANT to be included and to see the others WANT to include him was truly a "kodak moment" for us. And, hence, it lands right in the blog.

Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment