Sunday, January 17, 2010

Your Turn


Your Turn
Originally uploaded by chipnjo1999
Put a lot more time into today's shot. I was playing Sorry with my youngest son, and saw the opportunity to take some neat shots with my long lens. The longer lens really shortens my depth of field and allows me to blur backgrounds and foregrounds with little effort. This was shot with a very slow shutter speed (can't remember, but i was anywhere between 1/5 and 4 seconds while playing around.) Those speeds are way too slow to keep a steady hand, so I had the camera on the floor since I was too lazy to get out the tripod. Besides, the extremely low angle gives this a better feel than a simple shot angled downward on the gameboard.

I just wanted a shot of my son's finger on the game piece, but while playing with the software in the computer, I came across this while pushing the contrast. I liked it so much I decided to make it the photo of the day. Below is the original photo before any doctoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment