Sunday, April 4, 2010

More Expansion..




I have added brush piles to my feeding stations. I have seen lots of different setups, and I like the natural perch pictures I see. To do this, we need to doctor our photos a little with some staging of the area. First, determine where you want your bird to be when you take your shot. Second, look for a clean background about 15+ feet behind where you want your bird to be when you take the picture. Third, place your perches and build your brush around the perch. Place the feed in some flatter spots of the brush and be patient.






Brush piles will also bring in birds that don't like to sit on feeders, but prefer to scratch the ground or even eat insects and bugs. Thrushes, nuthatches, native sparrows come immediately to mind.











No comments:

Post a Comment