Thursday, April 8, 2010

Song Sparrow


Song Sparrow
Originally uploaded by chipnjo1999
April 8th.. Saw usual suspects in the morning. But, I put up a Nyjer Sock yesterday, to compare with my other Nyjer feeder, and it got more attention today. I saw a Goldfinch pair both feeding at the same time, and I saw my first House Finch this year. The House Finch was feeding while the Cardinal pair was feeding on the sunflower feeder. The Cardinals jumped to the ground where the male fed the female by mouth again. A squirrel came out of a tree, and, suddenly, all four bolted for the trees. I thought my dog was nearby, but it was the Red-Shouldered Hawk doing a fly through of the yard. Apparently, the hawk has discovered the feeder, too. That may explain a little of the birds’ anxieties. LOL, the squirrel didn’t flinch even an ear for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment