Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time Is Limited

I just wanted to say that my time is limited right now. I have been busy....very busy.

The bird feeder station renovation is beginning. I have removed my ugly shed. I now have two nice piles of wood and debris in the yard. Maybe tomorrow I will put up a pic or two. I need to get this trash hauled off, though, before it rains because I have some things that are now exposed to the weather....like my stash of fertilizer. Haha..I had a bag of quick-set concrete that apparently got wet, and is now a 50lb block of rock. That was a nice discovery today.

I have also bought a nyjer feeding sock for the finches. Yes, I spent $35 on a nice, durable metal mesh nyjer feeder. But, the birds don't seem to care for it. So, I wanted to buy something to compare. Day 3 and I have a pair of Amercian Goldfinches, and a House Finch, that can't leave the sock alone. I caught the Goldfinch male on it three times this morning alone. And, if they were visiting the other feeder while I wasn't looking (doubtful), they prefer the sock since that is all I see them feeding on. I may switch some of the feed to see if it's a "freshness" thing, but something tells me it's the style of feeder. The goal, however, is to get them used to feeding from the station, and pull the sock, leaving them with nothing but the other feeder. Maybe they will get "hooked" on the nyjer seed in this specific location and keep coming around. If not, I will need to sell the other feeder just to get some of the money back. I am not fond of wasting $35.

Now, I have to get some pics up tomorrow....lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment